Tags

, , , , , ,

New York firehouse in contnual use since 1891.

Serving NYC for more than three centuries in one location.

The Pride of Morningside — FDNY Engine 47 Quarters serves Columbia University and Morningside Heights. Engine 47 was organized in 1881 and moved to its present location at 502 W. 113th Street in 1891. Henry D. Purroy, President of the Fire Department, attended the dedication of Engine 47 in 1889. While the Quarters may date back to the 19th century a new “ready room” was dedicated in 2009.

Advertisements