Tags

, , , , , ,

The Harlem Court House was designed by  Thom & Wilson.

The Harlem Court House at E121st Street and Sylvan Place.

The Harlem Court House was built between 1891 and 1893 for use by the Municipal and Magistrate’s Courts. The building included the Fifth District Prison, a jail with temporary holding cells. It’s original function as a court ended in 1961 in the reorganization of the state court system. Public justice functions returned to the building in 2001 with the opening of a Community Justice Center. — Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS)

Advertisements