This archway is the only remaining piece of Pier 54. Surviving passengers of the Titanic were discharged on the pier in 1912. In 1915, the RMS Lusitania left the port and was later torpedoed, becoming a rallying cry for WWI. Troop ships docked here during WWII. In 1991, the pier building was torn down. The pier is today used for events and concerts.